Wordpress (Book Blog) mybookstacks.wordpress.com Twitter @fennyusuf Facebook Fenny Herawati Yusuf

I'm a girl who reads and have too many books. You’ll know that I do because I will always have an unread book in my bag and my shelves. A girl who spends her money on books instead of clothes. A girl who has a list of books she wants to read.

If you have any question about books and authors, please feel free to contact me at fennyherawatiyusuf[at]yahoo[dot]com. I will reply your email soon.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Osteoblasts To The Rescue +GIVEAWAY [INTERNATIONAL]

Osteoblasts To The Rescue (Human Body Detectives #4) by Heather Manley

Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Date Released: June 14, 2013

Serial Website: HumanBodyDetectives
Author Website: Dr. Heather
Facebook // Twitter

Genre : Children, Science

Merrin and Pearl are at it again! This time these two young Human Body Detectives are exploring the skeletal system.
With the ability to jump in and examine the various systems in the body, Merrin and Pearl’s adventures are fun stories and helpful tools to educate children.


In Osteoblasts to the Rescue, Merrin and Pearl navigate their friend, Lily’s, broken arm and learn all about bones.


As the fourth in The Human Body Detectives series, Osteoblasts to the Rescue can also stand alone as a book that’s sure to inform, engage, and inspire readers of all ages.


Buy this book on: Amazon 
_______________________


I should admit that my first impression after I read this book is that I'm really happy I found this book and read it. I never had a thought before that children books can be enjoyable and knowledge-able. I highly recommended for you to read, especially for children.

I haven't read the previous books, and the first time I got into the story, I think this book will be as the same as the other children story, which tells about human body, etc. "Okay, this must be bright, but also will not be easy to read because it contains science-thing. But as long as I don't think too much about the explanation, it will be okay."

But at last I did not get bored reading this book, with a cheerful illustration and some jokes. At the end of the book, Dr. Heather put some jokes about Human Body. I love this part, and it makes me added one more star for this book. Also, the only-27-pages makes this book easy to read and I recommended it for you at any age if you want to read something simple, cheerful, and knowledgeable reading. Especially for me who ain't native English speaker, this book is fun and easy to read. Unfortunately, since I don't like science and it's still hard for me to learn about bones, I should reduce a half star for this book.

And also, I highly recommend for the student who is studying about bones. There is exercise for them to do. And good for you to memorize things with a story, which is unusual than learn from the textbooks.

Here are some jokes;

Why does milk taste so good? Because it has calci-YUM!
What do skeletons say before they begin eating?

Bone appétit!




My Rating :

3.5 stars - I enjoyed this book, I would recommend it


Enter to win $25 Amazon Gift Card or Paypal Cash!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions and comments about this post, please leave here. Will reply soon.