Wordpress (Book Blog) mybookstacks.wordpress.com Twitter @fennyusuf Facebook Fenny Herawati Yusuf

I'm a girl who reads and have too many books. You’ll know that I do because I will always have an unread book in my bag and my shelves. A girl who spends her money on books instead of clothes. A girl who has a list of books she wants to read.

If you have any question about books and authors, please feel free to contact me at fennyherawatiyusuf[at]yahoo[dot]com. I will reply your email soon.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Book Haul


What is Book Haul all about?

Book Haul is all about sharing the physical books I'm adding to my shelves, but I haven't read yet. Sometimes book bloggers make the post of Book Haul monthly or weekly, but I just want to post it whenever I have a time to post. So I will tell you all the (fiction) books that I have bought but not read yet.

Confessions?

I'm a book-buying addict. I spend a lot of my time wandering at bookstore through one shelf to another shelf, or just browsing and searching about book sale or soever. I tend to buy books because I love the physical side of books, that's why I heart printed books than ebooks.

Sometimes I get books by buying it (I economize my money of meals, clothes, etc), but some more, I get it from winning a book quiz, or a gift from publishers and friends.

Why I keep buying books when I still have other unread books?

I don't know why. Sometimes I want to buy books because of its synopsis, its cover, recommendations, or just because I know the author. Sometimes I buy books because I already have the serial and I want to complete it. In brief, because I'm curious about them. And sometimes I can't sleep (ha!) when I get curious about books, but it hasn't on my hand already. So I think, I must have the book first, and doesn't matter when I have a time to read it.

So, when will I read all of these books?

As soon as possible. To tell you the truth, I like when there are so many unread books on my shelves. Because I can choose what's to read next based on my feeling and mood. And there are already books in various genres and authors. Romance, fantasy, from Indonesian writers to foreign writers, in Indonesian or English, I have so many choices. But of course, there is a time when I get confused of choosing what book I will read. Usually, I tend to prioritize reading a book from publisher because the publisher would ask for my review as soon as possible after the book arrive in my house.

For nonfiction or comic, I usually read it the first time I get it, or I can say that I take a glance of its pages, read some first chapter, and usually get bored at the half of it. But trust me, I can finish read them, too, at last. Eventhough it takes a lot more time than I read fiction books. Even sometimes I reread some of them (especially motivational books), when I like the quotes and need to remember the lessons.


There is a list of fiction books in my shelves that I haven't read yet.


1.        Anything But Normal by Melody Carlson
2.      Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez
3.      Girl With Nine Wigs by Sophie Van Der Stap
4.      The Chocolate Thief by Laura Florand
5.      She Went All The Way by Meg Cabot
6.      Ransom My Heart by Mia Thermopolis ( Meg Cabot)
7.      The Tennis Party by Madeleine Wickham
8.      Sugar and Spice by Lauren Conrad
9.      Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson
10.   Snow White and The Huntsman by Lily Blake
11.     My Perfect Sunset by Kyria
12.    Rahasia Sang Ibu Negara by Curtis Sittenfeld
13.    Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
14.   The Awakening by Karen Amstrong
15.   Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
16.   Dreamland by Alyson Noel
17.    Fleur by Fenny Wong
18.   Klop by Putu WIjaya
19.   A Warewolf Boy by Kim Mi Ri
20.  Seven Days by Rhein Fathia
21.    The Gift by Cecelia Ahern
22.  Blast from The Past by Meg Cabot
23.  Manxmouse by Paul Gallico
24.  Extras by Scott Westerfeld
25.  Ambition by Kate Brian
26.  21 Proms by Various Authors
27.  The Winter Traveller by Ezra S.T.
28.  Danur by Risa Saraswati
29.  Antology Cinta by Various Authors
30.  Ghost Stories by Charles Dickens
31.    The Look by Sophie Bennet
32.  Unhappy Medium by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel
33.  Kenyataan Pahit by Jeff Kinney
34.  Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James
35.  The Death Cure by James Dashner
36.  Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver
37.  Monster High by Lisi Harrison
38.  Ibuk by Iwan Setyawan
39.  Pulang by Leila S. Chudori
40. Dream Catcher by Alanda Kariza
41.   Negeri di Ujung Tanduk by Tere Liye
42.  Spells by Aprilynne Pike
43.  Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
44. Heroes of The Valley by Jonathan Stroud
45. Torment by Lauren Kate
46. The Girl with Glass Feet by Ali Shaw
47.  Dixieland Sushi by Cara Lockwood
48. The Not So Secret Diary of a City Girl by Allie Spencer
49. I Did (But I Wouldn’t Now) by Cara Lockwood
50. You’re The One that I Don’t Want by Alexandra Potter
51.   Take A Chance On Me by Jill Mansel
52.  The Forest of Hands and Teeth by
53.  The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
54. Hate List by Jennifer Brown
55. Inkspell by Cornelia Funke
56. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
57.  What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

1 comment:

  1. I have less than 20 unread books, but I keep reading new book XD

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions and comments about this post, please leave here. Will reply soon.