Wordpress (Book Blog) mybookstacks.wordpress.com Twitter @fennyusuf Facebook Fenny Herawati Yusuf

I'm a girl who reads and have too many books. You’ll know that I do because I will always have an unread book in my bag and my shelves. A girl who spends her money on books instead of clothes. A girl who has a list of books she wants to read.

If you have any question about books and authors, please feel free to contact me at fennyherawatiyusuf[at]yahoo[dot]com. I will reply your email soon.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Bookish Survey


Author you’ve read the most books from:
Between Sophie Kinsella and Meg Cabot. Meg Cabot is the first author whose her book was the first novel that I read, when I was about in Junior High School or Elementary School (I don’t count Goosebumps by R.L. Stine as a novel, but it’s a good book, too). Since then I keep collecting her books, so I have a lot of her books.

Best Sequel Ever:
I wish there are more than four books for Bartimaeus (Jonathan Stroud). I like Bartimaeus’ talking, he is sooo funny. That’s why I think Bartimaeus is much better than Harry Potter, in some way.

Currently Reading:
Silver Linings Playbook and The Inheritance of Loss. Yeah I read two books at the same time. I’m that kind of people who don’t really get distracted reading some stories at the same time. But actually I start reading two books at the same time when I have so much book to read and I can’t really wait for reading them. So I just take two books in my shelves that I want to read the most. I make sure there are only two books, because I had once trying to read three books at the same time, but I really got lost of the story when I switched the books I was reading.

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Anything exist.

E-reader of Physical Books?:
Physical books, of course. But actually since I had my own Galaxy Tab and found UB Reader, I started to collect ebooks. But I’m trying to find the physical books too.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
I don’t know. Because I don’t do dating.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
I have a full list of books that I was glad I found them even though at first place I did not sure that the book will be so much interesting, but I like Brisingr. When I saw that book (or that serial of Eragon), I thought that the book will be boring, complex, etc, etc. I found Brisingr (in which, was the third book of this serial) at online bookstore with less price, so I gave this book a chance and bought it. And wow, the book is really good in adventure, and I like the dragon, Saphira. She is funny sometimes, which make this book is more interesting to read. The Indonesian translate is good too. So, unexpectedly I really enjoyed reading this book.

Hidden Gem Book:
What is this mean?

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
I remember the books when I first met my best friend; Sang Pencerah and 99 Cahaya di Langit Eropa. He borrowed 99 Cahaya di Langit Eropa and lent me his book, Sang Pencerah. I didn’t think that the first time I met him to switch the book that he will be my best friend in future. But, eventually it happened. Now he is the only one that I ever had a close friend, even though he is a boy and now we are some kind of staying away from each other, because in Islam, that’s not good for a girl and a boy to be really that close.

Just Finished:
Re-stacking my shelves. I only have five small racks for my books, and there are some books I’ve just bought that I haven’t put on my shelves yet because there are no space. So, I just do re-stacking my books, put them more tight so there are some space left for the new one.


Kind of Books You Won't Read:
To tell you the truth, I really hate books which contains adult materials.

Longest Book You’ve Read:
Umm.. I don’t remember it.

Major book hangover because of:
I imagine how if the book makes into a movie, and starring my favorite celebrity. The last book that I did do it was Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins. That book should make into a movie or a TV serials! Starring Selena & Freddie, of course.

Number of Bookcases You Own:
Five small bookcases.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
So many of them, Devil Wears Prada, Princess Diaries, Goosebumps, all of them are the books that I have when I was in Junior High School and I didn’t usually buy a book. So I just kept reading and reading of what book that I had at that time, and usually the book was placed anywhere in my house until it lost. But I think the book that I did re-reading it the most is Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire. I can prove it by how the book looks like now. Total ruin.



Preferred Place To Read:
Honestly I like to read at Mall, especially when I wait for my mom to shop, or while wait for my order from a restaurant. It’s nice to have many stranger surround me when I read. I don’t easily get distracted by them since they don’t know me and neither I am. But I also enjoy reading at my home, especially when I eat.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
I really like Charlie’s quote in The Perks of Being A Wallflower (Stephen Chbosky):
“So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.”
Why do I like it? Because it represents what I feel sometimes. I’m a kind of people who get easily sad after a few seconds of happiness.

Reading Regret:
I really didn’t get any sense while reading Maya by Jostein Gaarder. Really. I struggled to keep reading until the last pages but finally gave up after about twenty pages.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
There are so many. There are some books that I read in Indonesian, and the next series in Indonesian don’t come until now. There are some books that I have the next series in my shelves, but I haven’t read yet. There are some books that I haven’t bought the next series because I got my money used to buy another books. But from all the series that I haven’t finish yet, I really DEMAND for the next series of PROPHECY OF THE SISTERS. I love the story. I have the first book in Indonesian, but unfortunately I heard that the publisher got bankrupt or closed, so that they are not translated the next series in Indonesia. I’m so disappointed and wish that the next series will come out in Indonesian language.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
So many, of course. But… let me think.
Can I classify it by genre?
For fantasy, I love Bartimaeus, of course! I love all series, even though I like the fourth one (Ring of Solomon) more. I like Hex Hall, Delirium, Harry Potter, Riley Bloom, and Twilight too, but Bartimaeus can beat them all.
For romance-comedy, I love Sophie Kinsella’s books, and I would pick I’ve Got Your Number as the best.
I also like A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. It was surprising, because the story is so simple and even I can’t remember exactly the whole story. But I like the feeling when I was reading it. It was like the whole surroundings disappear and only me and Francie Nolan’s story left.


Unapologetic Fangirl For:
ARCHER CROSS!!! (from Hex Hall series). He is the only fiction boy that I love the most. The character is so cool. And I imagine that Freddie Highmore will play the character.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
The Indonesian version of Requiem by Lauren Oliver. I LOVE PANDEMONIUM. When I was reading it, I couldn’t keep my mind imagining the whole story. Like I was a director of the movie Pandemonium.


Worst Bookish Habit:
Reading book while I’m in toilet (WC). Seriously. I think that’s the worst. Beside of book-buying addicted.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
I have five small shelves in my bedroom, and two lines of books for each level. I will count only the first line, which I can see the books (I can’t see the books at the back line).
1st shelf: American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
2nd shelf: Hafalan Shalat Delisa by Tere Liye
3rd shelf: They Say I’m A Monkey by Djenar Maesa Ayu
4th shelf: Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
5th shelf: Catatan Hati Seorang Istri by Asma Nadia

Your latest book purchase:
The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I’ve read the ebook and reviewed the book, but just today I bought the physical book at Books & Beyond Cibubur Junction.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
Eragon by Christopher Paolini (the book I’m currently reading while I’m doing the Z list. I know, I say on the C question that I’m currently reading The Inheritance of Loss and Silver Linings Playbook. But at the end of this survey, I got finished The Inheritance of Loss and continued reading Eragon. And last night at 2a.m. I still read Eragon because I couldn’t sleep (not because I was very attached with the story).

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions and comments about this post, please leave here. Will reply soon.