Wordpress (Book Blog) mybookstacks.wordpress.com Twitter @fennyusuf Facebook Fenny Herawati Yusuf

I'm a girl who reads and have too many books. You’ll know that I do because I will always have an unread book in my bag and my shelves. A girl who spends her money on books instead of clothes. A girl who has a list of books she wants to read.

If you have any question about books and authors, please feel free to contact me at fennyherawatiyusuf[at]yahoo[dot]com. I will reply your email soon.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wishful Wednesday {1}




Okay, so this is my first time joining Wishful Wednesday, but actually I have written all the books that I want to read in spreadsheet. Now I’ll just put it in this post;

1. American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Neil Gaiman is one of the most popular authors in the world, especially for mystery, children, and thriller books. The only book that I have and I have read is The Graveyard Book, which I think doesn’t really very interesting, but I like how he puts something different in his writings. American God is the best book came from him, and I like to read it to compare it with The Graveyard Book.

2. IQ84 (1&2) by Haruki Murakami
I start to like books written by another Asian, and Haruki Murakami’s book is a good choice. I read some news that his books always sold out after some hours after released.

3. North of Beautiful by Justina Chen
I like the books about teen real problems after I read The Perks of Being A Wallflower. This is one kind of it.

4. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Have you ever take a glance about this book? If you did, you must know why I put this book on this list. If you see some pages of this book, you will see some scary pictures that related to the story. And I mean it- last night I got the ebook, and I was surprised to see the pictures. The pictures look real, with some white-and-black effect. I also put the second book, Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children #2) in my wishlist, but it won’t be published until next year.

5. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
I don’t know why, but I usually get wrong mention Kazuo Ishiguro’s book to Paulo Cuelho, and so do I mention Paulo Cuelho’s book title written by Kazuo Ishiguro. I only read their books once respectively (An Artist in A Floating World by Kazuo and The Alchemist by Paulo). I didn’t think that their books are similar but they have the same author image, in my perspective. Both of them are popular, have a lot of fans of their books. They both get a list on 1001 books you must read before you die. And they are both male (um.. okay).
I didn’t get too much impression from An Artist in A Floating World (same like The Alchemist by Paulo Cuelho), but I try to give another chance of his book (same like Paulo Cuelho). After some researches, I decided to take Never Let Me Go. The book have good rating on Goodreads, and has won Booker Prize Award Nominee in 2005 . The book has been filmed too, starring Andrew Garfield. Moreover, I think this book will be more value than the first one that I’ve read.

6.And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
I think everyone who really updated and loves book with a meaningful story wants this book. This book is almost in everyone’s wishlist.

7. Snow Flower and The Secret Fan by Lisa See
It’s because of Linda! I look at her Buying Monday’s post when she told that she bought this book. I got curious and searched about Lisa See, and when I read the synopsis, I think I’ll like the story. Thanks Linda, for making my wishlist longer! XD





Actually, there are some books that I want too, but I didn’t write it on this list. I think seven is just too much. XD
Want to join this meme? Join here at Perpus Kecil.
Want to buy me the book on the list? Do not hestitate, and thank you for giving.. and reading this post. xxx

2 comments:

  1. hello fen, welcome to wishful wednesday ya :) semoga terkabul wish2nya..miss peregrine aku ada, kalau mau pinjem monggo ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beberapa bukunya ada di WW saya juga. semoga terkabul ya WW-nya :D

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions and comments about this post, please leave here. Will reply soon.