Wordpress (Book Blog) mybookstacks.wordpress.com Twitter @fennyusuf Facebook Fenny Herawati Yusuf

I'm a girl who reads and have too many books. You’ll know that I do because I will always have an unread book in my bag and my shelves. A girl who spends her money on books instead of clothes. A girl who has a list of books she wants to read.

If you have any question about books and authors, please feel free to contact me at fennyherawatiyusuf[at]yahoo[dot]com. I will reply your email soon.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

[Book Review] Fifty Million Reasons

Fifty Million Reasons by Heather Wardell

Publisher: Holly Leaf Press
Release Date: Expected at December 14th 2013
Format: Paperback, 309 pages
Genre: Realistic Fiction, Inspirational


Angela has typical lottery-player plans: help friends and family, give more to charity, and escape her rut. But when she wins big, she faces angry relatives, her own unexpected greed, and a lawsuit from the person who put her in that rut. Almost nobody treats her normally, and they've got fifty million reasons not to.

She can buy anything she wants now, but can she buy the life she needs?


Angela has a typical lottery-player plans: help friends and family, give more to charity, and escape her rut. But when she wins big, she faces angry relatives, her own unexpected greed, and a lawsuit from a person who put her in that rut. Almost nobody treats her normally, and they’ve got fifty million reasons not to. She can buy anything she wants now, but can she buy the life she needs?

I almost cried when I read this book. Heather made a very realistic condition of a someone’s life who doesn’t know yet the true value of life. When Angela is getting rich, everyone who know her are torn between someone who truly accept her the way she is, and someone who just wants her money.

It’s difficult for Angela to face people who keep begging her money, besides she also feels guilty because she wants to help her friends in financial without any disrespectful.

I love the characters. Angela is really awesome and mature, even though she did some mistakes. I feel angry at some point other characters be so mean and hypocrite around her, but I guess it just make this story even more interesting.

I also love the connection between Angela, John, and Zack. And Tiff. It’s WONDERFUL. Overall, this book is all about the wonderfulness of life. How to value something you already have, forgiving, receiving, keeping promise and be resolute, and be kind of other people too. This book means so much.

After I finished reading this book; I felt awesome, and peace. The ending is so nice and I can’t think other alternate beautiful story for Angela’s life. I feel grateful I have found and read this book because this book teaches me some important message for life.


“My understanding of karma had always included the idea that you got back what you deserve based on your actions. But Lena’s unkind action weren’t receiving any unkind respond. Unless I changed my mind I’d be letting her get away with it, and certainly nobody else would be punishing her either.
I didn’t like it, but it also wasn’t my problem. Lena’s choice made her who she was, just as mine both now and in the past had made me who I was, and we would both end up living the consequences of our individual choices.


3.5 stars - This book was OK, read it if it sounds good to you



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions and comments about this post, please leave here. Will reply soon.