Wordpress (Book Blog) mybookstacks.wordpress.com Twitter @fennyusuf Facebook Fenny Herawati Yusuf

I'm a girl who reads and have too many books. You’ll know that I do because I will always have an unread book in my bag and my shelves. A girl who spends her money on books instead of clothes. A girl who has a list of books she wants to read.

If you have any question about books and authors, please feel free to contact me at fennyherawatiyusuf[at]yahoo[dot]com. I will reply your email soon.

Monday, November 4, 2013

[Top Ten Tuesday] Top Ten Sequels I Can’t Wait to Get My Hands On

What is Top Ten Tuesday?

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

The Read Things Top Ten Tuesday 5th November: Top Ten Sequels I Can't Wait To Get My Hands On
I got confused on how to interpret this topic, whether it means sequels that have been published but I haven’t buy yet (so I never get it on my hand), or sequels that have not been published and I yearn for the publication day. Since there is another Book Blog Event called Wishful Wednesday that I can write all books that I want to get my hands on and own the books, so I decided to write Top Ten Sequels which have been published but have not been translated into my native language, Bahasa Indonesia.

These are Top Ten Sequels that I wish to get the Indonesian edition released:


Prophecy of The Sisters Series by Michelle Zink

Guardian of The Gate (Prophecy of The Sisters #2)
Circle of Fire (Prophecy of The Sisters #3)
One of my favorite series, one of the best fantasy books. The story is about two twin sisters that have been tied to an ancient prophecy. Like the title series’ name, the prophecy is descended by the female sisters on the family. Between two sisters, one is good, and one is evil. One sister is a Gate, the other is a Guardian. The prophecy will decide which one will become a Gate or a Guardian to an alternate dimension where demons live in wait to cross over to our world. This book is thrilling and dark, but what that I love the most are the twist and strong characters.




The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)
I cant say that I like Tessa Gray, but everyone love Will and Jem! The Infernal Devices gives the reader good setting and atmosphere of Victorian England (even though I like the setting in City of Masks, another book series written by Mary Hoffman), supernatural creatures, classic action scene, and a triangle love story! (which is the main interest of this book, for me XD). At last I don’t know why people like The Mortal Instruments (another Cassandra Clare’s book series with the same concept) more than The Infernal Devices. TID is much way better than TMI.



Caster Chronicles Series by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl


Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles #3)
Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles #4)
Another Bella Swan and Edward Cullen ‘s world, but at least Caster Chronicles have a good cover and title (not to mention that I don’t like the story). I enjoy reading Ethan and Lena’s dilemmas (it’s funny how a female character in book is usually being a martyr), especially the way the authors describe Gatlin made me like Gatlin is a somewhere-place near in my heart <3




Gallagher Girls Series by Ally Carter

Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls #5)
United We Spy (Gallagher Girls #6)
Ally Carter’s books always have something different, mostly with good technical action scene. The Gallagher Girls Academy is a place for girls to be spies. I remember the movie James Bond (not Spykids) when I think about this series, even though The Gallagher Girls has much fun than Charlie’s Angel. But about the strong girls with good technical skills and clique, The Gallagher Girls provides it all.
 


Heist Society Series by Ally Carter

 


Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society #3)
While The Gallagher Girls shows off cool spy girls, Heist Society gives the readers good action and technical skill to steal something. An elite teen group of thieves makes this series one of my favorite books.






Delirium Series by Lauren Oliver

Requiem (Delirium #3)
An alternate world where the government rules that love is a disease. I was not impressed by the first book, but when I read the second book (Pandemonium), I fell in love and really want to read Requiem (book three). Pandemonium has a strong feeling about Lena’s losing, and detail describe about the transformation of Old Lena and New Lena, the very-tough girl. I like it when Lena is not being too poorly miserable about what happened to Alex in the first book.
The scene between Lena and Julian made me curious, too. I remember I couldn’t stop reading Pandemonium because of that. Especially the scene that Lena and Julian are afraid to “touch” each other because of the mindset that the interaction between two different gender is forbidden or bordered. It reminded me on how Islam teach me, about some boundaries of interaction between two genders.



Slammed Series by Colleen Hoover
 


This Girl (Slammed #3)
I have been reviewed the first book, and you can get to know about this series from my review in here.






Kiki Strike Series by Kirsten Miller



The Empress’ Tomb (Kiki Strike #2)
The Darkness Dwellers (Kiki Strike #3)
I forgot on what I exactly thought after reading the first book, but I remember that I texted the publisher, asking for the next sequel.
 



Divergent Series by Veronica Roth

 



Allegiant (Divergent #3)
One of the best dystopian novel, along with The Hunger Games.






Lorien Legacies Series by Pittacus Lore
 


The Fall of Five (Lorien Legacies #4)
The only reason this series can get into this list is because I’m bored reading this series. Seriously, it takes too long for me to get all the Loriens stick together (seven loriens; Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, and Ella). At the third book, we still have to wait for Five, and nothing I can get it from the previous three books except, fighting, searching, separating, and how I hope that Sarah never exist in Lorien’s world. I was a fan of Six, but after The Rise of Nine, I had to change my mind. Bored.
 

1 comment:

  1. Besides Delirium and Divergent I haven't read any of these series! I hope you get a chance to read them.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions and comments about this post, please leave here. Will reply soon.