Wordpress (Book Blog) mybookstacks.wordpress.com Twitter @fennyusuf Facebook Fenny Herawati Yusuf

I'm a girl who reads and have too many books. You’ll know that I do because I will always have an unread book in my bag and my shelves. A girl who spends her money on books instead of clothes. A girl who has a list of books she wants to read.

If you have any question about books and authors, please feel free to contact me at fennyherawatiyusuf[at]yahoo[dot]com. I will reply your email soon.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Buying Monday (November)


1. Snow Flower and The Secret Fan - Lisa See, bought from: mbak Ana BukuMoo, Rp35.000
bought because: I was curious about this book after I read Linda's Buying Monday, so I searched Goodreads and found that this book has a good rating and a lot of readers.

2. Olive Kitteridge - Elizabeth Strout, bought from mbak Mia @BaliBooks, Rp35.000
bought because: this book is a winner of Pulitzer Price for Fiction (2009)

3. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs, bought from mbak Mia @BaliBooks, Rp55.000
 bought because: The scary picture in this book makes me want to read and have it.





And these books below was bought with REALLY FAR BELOW the normal price, and because I have yearned so long for some of these books, I'm really happy that I could buy it..

Bought at Plaza Semanggi:
4. Everyone's Worth Knowing - Lauren Weisberger, Rp15.000
5. Hannibal Rising - Thomas Harris, Rp20.000
6. Hannibal - Thomas Harris, Rp20.000
7. Red Dragon - Thomas Harris, Rp15.000
8. Passion - Lauren Kate, Rp20.000
9. Just Like Me Only Better - Snow Carol, Rp15.000
10. The Choice - Nicholas Sparks, Rp15.000
11. Coin Locker Babies - Ryu Murakami, Rp10.000
12. IQ84 Jilid 1 - Haruki Murakami, Rp20.000
13. IQ84 Jilid 2 - Haruki Murakami, Rp20.000
14. Let The Right One In - John Ajvde, Rp20.000
15. Hetty Feather - Jacqueline Wilson, Rp20.000

Bought at Ramayana:
16. Nation - Terry Prachett, Rp20.000
17. The Tales of Beedle Bard - JK Rowling, Rp10.000

Bought at Gandaria City
18. Inkdeath (Inkspell #3) - Cornelia Funke, Rp30.000

I bought these books below because it was IBF, and at least................spending some money was forgiving (forgive-able).. :")

Bought at Indonesia Book Fair:
19. The Casual Vacancy - JK Rowling, Rp79.500
20. The Nigh Circus - Erin Morgensten, normal price with 30% discount
21. Tiger's Curse - Colleen Houck, normal price with 30% discount
22. Tiger's Quest - Colleen Houck, normal price with 30% discount
23. Room - Emma Donoghue, Rp49.000




That's my Buying Monday for November.. I'm sorry if the picture of some books can't be inserted here because they are already stacked at the rear of my bookcase. And because I wasn't preparing for Buying Monday early in November, maybe (just maybe....) I forgot one or two books that I should put in here too.


Thanks for reading this,

7 comments:

  1. hah...serius itu harga buku di Plaza Semanggi ? Baru kan bukan bekas... duh lain kali nitip ya :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aku benci banget itu sama Plaza Semanggi >:O Kenapa diskonnya gedhe banget? Nitip dong mbaaak....itu thomas harrisnya bikin ngiler. Harukinya juga :'(((

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fenny, semua buku di foto terakhir aku mupeng semuanya >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. aku kepengan Hannibal sama IQ84 :(
    itu Inkdeath demi apa deh harganya 30rb :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah?? Haruki Murakami-nya 20rb-an???
    Mauuuuuuu

    hiks..BBIers ajari saya titip menitip donk.. (T_T)
    *iri berat*

    ReplyDelete
  6. hihhi itu sale2 plaza semanggi emang beneran bikin kalap yaaa...si coin locker masa cuman 10k padahal baru dan tebeeeel...ckckckck....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaaak mau nangis inget beli IQ84 terjemahan harga biasa sementara Kak Fenny dapet cuma 20k satunya.... (*nasib karena telat mulu tiap ada yg post LPM di bajay*)

    Itu Room yg terjemahankah, Kak?

    ReplyDelete

If you have any questions and comments about this post, please leave here. Will reply soon.